This game doesn't work at all. The opening fight is impossible to get passed, makes no difference if I take the enemy down to negative health, or if I go to negative health we just keep playing cards. If I flee the game wants me to retry but even clicking retry does nothing, the only way to exit is to Alt out and close the window in the taskbar.
Befabled | A Visual Novel Deckbuilder
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
"Are you... a Fabled One?"
A voice echoes in the girl's mind before she opens her eyes. She is alone in a forest. A bow and several arrows lie at her side. She shakes her head to straighten her addled thoughts, but a disorienting haze lingers in her mind. In the thick bushes not far away, something stirs...
About this Game
Befabled delivers a single player experience that combines the tactical appeal of building your own deck with a puzzle-like linking system that governs how you play your cards, ensuring each battle is unique and exciting. Which cards will you recruit, and which cards will you play?
- Lose yourself in the story of the Fabled Ones, featuring a fantasy setting and a colorful cast of characters based on fairy tales
- 6 missions with seamless transitions from story sequences to battle sequences
- Expressive artwork and fully voiced battles bring the characters to life
- Listen to classic fantasy style BGM character themes
- Chain one action after another by linking the colors of their cards and deliver a devastating blow to your opponent
- It's free!
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows Vista/Windows 10
- Processor: Intel® Core i3
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: ~500 MB Available Space
- Video Card: NVIDIA® Geforce 660 (Integrated Video Cards not recommended)
- DirectX®: DirectX 9
- Additional: 3-button mouse
Check out what game dev is about here: https://www.thaumaturgegames.com/blog/
Character art by: Anneliese Mak
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thank you so much for downloading and trying the game out. Really sorry for the bug that you encountered. I have released a new version that fixes that bug.
Thank you so much for the feedback!
Solid art. Definitely want more art.
The card mechanics hold promise but definitely need more polish.
Cool game, a very interesting theme
Definitely a good game so far and I hope that you guys keep up the work; however there are some bugs (to be expected) where no cards at all showed up when versing Blondie. Also the where you can chose to either put the card on top of your deck or select 2 to keep until the next turn glitched out and I had to restart the chapter. Otherwise a great start.